Aslan Origin and Meaning
The name Aslan is a boy's name meaning "lion".
Aslan, derived from the Old Turkic for "lion," is best known in the West as the name of the heroic lion in C.S. Lewis' "Chronicles of Narnia" series, who serves as an allegorical stand-in for Jesus Christ. It was also used as a positive epithet for several Turkish emperors in the Middle Ages.
20 Names Similar to Aslan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Aslan.
Lists containing Aslan
Famous People Named Aslan
- Aslan Khalid Aliyevich Maskhadov; leader of the Chechen independence movement; 3rd President of the Chechen Republic of Ichkeria
- Aslan UsoyanRussian mobster
- Aslan Abashidzeformer leader of the Ajarian Autonomous Republic in western Georgia
- Aslan BzhaniaRussian politician
- Aslan AhmadovRussian photographer
Aslan in Pop Culture
- Aslan Callanreesecharacter in anime/manga "Banana Fish"
- Aslanlion character in "The Chronicles of Narnia" by C. S. Lewis