Artemis Origin and Meaning
The name Artemis is a boy's name.
Although it could well sound masculine, Artemis was actually the Greek goddess of the moon, the equivalent of the Roman Diana. Also spelled Artemas and Artemus, this name has a mythological, historical, Three Musketeer-ish ring.
20 Names Similar to Artemis
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Artemis.
Lists containing Artemis
Artemis in Pop Culture
- Artemis Fowlbook series by Eoin Colfer. Artemis is a notable choice for a name because while it is traditionally a female name, it "was historically sometimes given to boys as a kind of honorific if their fathers were great hunters".
- Artemiscat in anime "Sailor Moon"
- Artemisa young goose in Toad Patrol
- Artemis Entreriis a fictional character in the Forgotten Realms campaign setting for the Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role,playing game.
- Artemisa Kydd Novel, frigate HMS Artemis
- Artemis AwakeningName of a Planet in a novel by Jane Linskold