Andreas Origin and Meaning
In Europe, Andreas is currently in the Top 20 in Norway, and is also popular in Denmark, Sweden, Germany and Austria.
Some other international variations of Andrew you might want to consider--Andre, Andrei, Andres, Andrea and Anders.
Notable namesakes include photographer Andreas Feininger. One not so pleasant association: the San Andreas fault line in California.
20 Names Similar to Andreas
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Andreas
Famous People Named Andreas
- Andreas VesaliusBelgian anatomist
- Andreas Papandreouformer prime minister of Greece
- Andreas SeppiItalian tennis player
- Andreas BeckGerman tennis player
- Andreas HaiderMaurer, Austrian tennis player
- Andreas SiljeströmSwedish tennis player
- Andreas VinciguerraSwedish tennis player
- Andreas Michálek (b. 2012)son of Zbyněk Michálek
- Andreas Lubitzco,pilot who deliberately crashed Germanwings Flight 9525, killing everyone on board
- Andreas Bouranipopular German singer
Andreas in Pop Culture
- GTA San AndreasPS2 video game
- Andreas Wiikcharacter from The dung,beetle flies at dusk, by Maria Gripe