The name Amaryllis is a girl's name of Greek origin meaning "to sparkle". Amaryllis and is often added to lists like Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies and discussed in our forums with posts like "Names on NB that make you go WOW!".
From the experts:
If you love both Unique-Baby-Names">unique baby names and flower names for girls, Amaryllis might be a perfect choice for you. A showier flower name than Lily, but in the same botanical family, Amaryllis is not as outre as it might at first sound. It was used in Greek poetry as the appellation of pure pastoral beauties; Amaryllis is the heroine of Virgil's epic poem Ecologues, after whom the flower was named. Other references are characters in the George Bernard Shaw play Back to Methuselah and The Music Man. James Bond-creator Ian Fleming had a half sister named Amaryllis Marie-Louise Fleming, who was a noted British cellist.
Lists containing Amaryllis:
- Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies
- Best Girl Names Starting with Vowels
- Literary Names for Girls
- Shimmering New Year's Baby Names
- Names That Mean New Beginnings
- Unique Baby Names for Girls and Boys
- Vibrant Spring Baby Names
- Girl Baby Names That End With S
- Unique Nature Names for Babies
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Stylish Girls' Names That End in Consonants
- January Baby Names