English variation of Alicia"noble"
Alyssa Origin and Meaning
The name Alyssa is a girl's name of English origin meaning "noble".
Alyssa was in the Top 20 from 1997-2010 and peaked as the 11th most popular girls’ name in 1998 and 1999 but has become less popular in recent years. It's related to the flower alyssum as well as to the classic Alice and variants. Alyssa Milano helped give it a bounce back when she was still a child sitcom star.
# 199 in the US
Alyssa Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alyssa
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alyssa.
Lists containing Alyssa
- Top Baby Names 1990s
- Names with Inspirational Meanings
- Feminine Girl Names
- Names That Mean Noble
- Toddlers & Tiaras Baby Names
Famous People Named Alyssa
- Alyssa Jayne MilanoAmerican actress
- Alyssa Marie CampanellaMiss USA 2011
- Alyssa SutherlandAustralian model
- Skye Alyssa FriedmanAmerican actress
- Alyssa Ashley ReidCanadian singer,songwriter
- Alyssa Elaine DiazAmerican actress
- Alyssa Katherine Nicole Barlowmusician of American group BarlowGirl
- Alyssa Jean HealyAustralian cricketer
- Alyssa ThomasAmerican basketball player
- Alyssa Jean AndersonAmerican Olympic swimmer
- Alyssa MastromonacoU.S. White House Deputy Chief of Staff for Operations
- Alyssa Michele NaeherAmerican soccer player
- Alyssa Lee MautzAmerican soccer player
- Alyssa "Alys" Whitall Pearsall SmithAmerican Quaker leader
- Alyssa Edwards aka Justin JohnsonAmerican drag queen and TV personality ("RuPaul's Drag Race")
- Alyssa BaumannAmerican gymnast
- Alyssa Joy (Bates) Webster (b. 1994)6th child (3rd daughter) of the reality TV show "Bringing Up Bates" family
- Alyssa Warrendaughter of model Anna Benson; stepdaughter of baseball player Kris Benson
- Alyssa Jane Ashton (b. 2011)daughter of singer Leslie Carter and Mike Ashton; niece of singers Nick and Aaron Carter
- Alyssa Pilgrim (b. 2012)daughter of TV presenter Mark Pilgrim
- Alyssa Arce (b. 1992) Playboy Playmate
Alyssa in Pop Culture
- Alyssa Ashcroftcharacter in the video game "Resident Evil: Outbreak"
- Alyssa Callawaycharacter in movie "It Takes Two"
- Alyssa Rothmancharacter in movie "Fire on the Amazon"
- Alyssa Jonescharacter in movie "Chasing Amy"
- Alyssa Ogawacharacter in the Star Trek series
- Alyssa Searrscharacter in manga/anime "My,HiME"
- Alyssa Gardnercharacter in "Splintered"
- Alyssacharacter in “The End of the F***ing World”
More Lists containing Alyssa
- English Names
- English Names for Girls
- 6 Letter Girl Names
- UK Baby Names
- UK Girl Names
- Girl Names Ending in A
- Names That Mean Noble
- Names That Mean Variation
- Three Syllable Names for Girls
- Names that Peaked in 1998
- Names that Peaked in 1999
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.