Diminutive of Teodoro or Mateo, Spanish"gift of God"
Teo Origin and Meaning
The name Teo is boy's name of Spanish origin meaning "gift of God".
An international take on Theo that would be easily wearable for a child in the US or any European culture. Traditionally a nickname for international variations of Theodore or Matthew, including ultra popular Mateo and Matteo, Teo can also stand on its own. In fact, Teo rose into the Top 1000 in 2022, proving its ability as a stand-alone name.
# 945 in the US
Teo Rank in US Top 1000
- 98Bosnia and Herzegovina2022
20 Names Similar to Teo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Teo.
Famous People Named Teo
- Teo GebertAustralian actor
- Teo OlivaresAmerican actor
- Teo HalmAmerican Actor
- Teo OttoSwiss stage designer
- Charlie Teorenowned Australian neurosurgeon
Teo in Pop Culture
- Teo is also the spanish equivalent of Theo. Long version is Teodoro which is the same as Theodore!
- Nickname for Mateo/Matteo