Spanish from Latin Salvator"savior"
Salvador Origin and Meaning
The name Salvador is boy's name of Spanish origin meaning "savior".
A common epithet of Christ, frequently heard in the Hispanic community, Salvador could also be a great choice for artistic parents, given the continuing popularity of Dada and Surrealist painter Salvador Dalí. (If Monet and Raphael get a look in, why not Salvador?)
# 727 in the US
Salvador Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Salvador
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Salvador.
Famous People Named Salvador
- Salvador Domingo Felipe Jacinto Dalí (i Domènech)1st Marqués de Dalí de Pubo, Spanish surrealist painter
- Salvador Guillermo Allende (Gossens)29th President of Chile
- Salvador MinuchinArgentine psychiatrist, founder of Structural Family Therapy
- Salvador Edward LuriaItalian microbiologist, winner of the Nobel Prize
- Salvador Cabañas (Ortega)Paraguayan footballer
- Salvador Daniel Maida (b. 2008)son of singer Chantal Kreviazuk and Raine Maida
Salvador in Pop Culture
- El Salvadorcountry in Central America
- SalvadorBahia, Brazil