Roberta Origin and Meaning
The name Roberta is girl's name of English origin meaning "bright fame".
Roberta has been one of the most successful feminization names, up at #64 in 1936. It's a name that's found all over children's lit, often nicknamed Bobbie or Robbie, though Bertie is another possibility. Notable bearers have included singers Roberta Flack and Roberta Peters--plus it's the birth name of Joni Mitchell.
20 Names Similar to Roberta
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Roberta.
Famous People Named Roberta
- Roberta Cleopatra FlackAmerican singer
- Roberta PetersAmerican coloratura soprano
- Roberta Bondarfirst Canadian woman astronaut
- Roberta Joan "Joni" MitchellCanadian singer,songwriter
- Roberta Lee Streeterbirth name of American singer Bobbie Gentry
- Roberta VinciItalian tennis player
- Roberta SmithAmerican art critic
- Roberta "Maisie" Bidengranddaughter of U.S. Vice President Joe Biden
Roberta in Pop Culture
- Roberta "Bertie" Robinsoncharacter in movie "The Swiss Family Robinson"
- Roberta Quimbysister of Ramona Quimby in novels by Beverly Cleary
- Roberta "Robbie" Stevensoncharacter on TV's "The Journey of Allen Strange"
- Roberta Kittlesoncharacter on TV's "The Practice"
- "Gowns by Roberta" novel by Alice Duer Miller, basis for 1935 movie "Roberta"
- Roberta "Bobbie"character in E Nesbit's "The Railway Children"
- Robert "Bobby" Ellischaracter in the "St Clare" book series by Enid Blyton
- April Roberta LudgateDwyer, character on "Parks and Recreation"