Diminutive of James"supplanter"
Jamie Origin and Meaning
The name Jamie is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Hebrew, Scottish origin meaning "supplanter".
Jamie is typical of the relaxed unisex names starting with J that seemed so cool in the sixties after decades of Jeans and Joans, though now pretty tepid. Jaime and even Jamey and Jayme are alternate spellings.
# 698 in the US
Jamie Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Jamie
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jamie.
Famous People Named Jamie
- Jamie Jilynn ChungAmerican actress
- Jamie Lee CurtisAmerican actress
- Jamie Grace (Harper)American Christian contemporary singer
- JamieLynn Sigler, American actress
- Jamie Lynn Marie SpearsAmerican actress and sister of singer Britney Spears
- Jamie Anne (Brown) AllmanAmerican actress
- Jamie Sue WeissAmerican makeup artist and sister of actor Michael T. Weiss
- Jamie BrewerAmerican actress
- Jamie Christine Willis9th child (6th daughter) of the family band, The Willis Clan
Jamie in Pop Culture
- Jamilah "Jamie" Towfeekcharacter in "Ten Things I Hate About Me" by Randa Abdel,Fattah
- Jamie Sullivanmain character in book/movie "A Walk to Remember"
- Jamie Moriartycharacter on TV's "Elementary"
- Jamie Jolinacharacter in "The Sims 3" computer game
- Jamie Kellymain character in the book series Dear Dumb Diary by Jim Benton
- Ja'mie (pronounced zhemay), character created by Australian comedian Chris Lilley, portrayed by him in "Ja'mie: Private School Girl", "Summer Heights High" & "We Can Be Heroes"
- "Jamie All Over" song by band Mayday Parade