Diminutive of Arthur"noble one; bear man"
Art Origin and Meaning
The name Art is boy's name of English, Celtic origin meaning "noble one; bear man".
Though short and brisk, no nickname name could have a more creative image. Comic actor Chris O'Dowd named his son Art, as in his native Ireland it's used as a name on its own, separate from Arthur., coming from an ancient word for “”a bear,”” and used in the sense of “”outstanding warrior”” or “”champion.”” A pagan High King of Ireland, Art’s rule was so honest that two angels hovered over him in battle.
20 Names Similar to Art
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Art.
Famous People Named Art
- Arthur Ira "Art" GarfunkelAmerican singer,songwriter of duo Simon & Garfunkel
- Arthur William "Art" BellAmerican radio personality
- Arthur "Art" BlakeyAmerican jazz musician
- Arthur "Art" BoileauCanadian long,distance runner
- Arthur "Art" BuchwaldAmerican humorist
- Arthur William Matthew "Art" CarneyAmerican actor/comedian
- Arthur James "Art" DonovanAmerican football player
- Art Spiegelman (born Itzhak Avraham ben Zeev)American cartoonist
- Arthur "Art" EggletonCanadian Senator
- Arthur Stewart "Art" FarmerAmerican jazz trumpeter and flugelhorn player
- Arthur Henry "Art" HoweAmerican baseball player, coach and manager
- Art Imlechlegendary High King of Ireland
- Art mac Cuinnlegendary High King of Ireland
- Art mac Lugdachlegendary High King of Ireland
- Arthur Morris "Art" JacksonCanadian ice hockey player
- James Arthur "Art" MonkAmerican football player
- Arthur Gordon "Art" LinkletterAmerican television presenter
- Athar ulHaque "Art" Malik, Pakistani,born British actor
- Arthur Edward "Art" PepperAmerican jazz alto saxophonist
- Arthur Joseph "Art" RooneyAmerican owner of the Pittsburgh Steelers
- Arthur Howey "Art" RossCanadian ice hockey player and executive
- Arthur "Art" TatumAmerican jazz pianist
- Art Smithcelebrity chef
- Art O'Dowd (b. 2015)son of Irish actor Chris O'Dowd
Art in Pop Culture
- Art Frankelcharacter in the movie "Fetching Cody"