Arabic"heavens, highborn, exalted"
Alya Origin and Meaning
The name Alya is girl's name of Arabic, Russian, Turkish origin meaning "heavens, highborn, exalted".
Alya is most familiar in the US in its much-more-complicated form Aaliyah, the spelling used by the later singer. The traditional name of the star system Theta Serpentis, Alya is also an established Muslim first name and a Turkish place-name. It may also be a Russian short form for Alexandra or any other Al- name.
20 Names Similar to Alya
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alya.
Famous People Named Alya
- Alya (born Alja Omladič)Slovenian pop singer
Alya in Pop Culture
- Alyatraditional name of star system Theta Serpentis, means 'fat tail of the sheep'
- Alya Césairecharacter on French animated series "Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir"
- Alya Kendrickcharacter on TV's "Backstage"
- Alya Nazircharacter on British soap "Coronation Street"
- Alya Fitzsimmonscharacter on TV’s “Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D"