Albert Origin and Meaning
The name Albert is boy's name of German origin meaning "noble, bright".
Albert has acquired a new gloss as one of the top royal baby boy names, a serious upgrade from its serious, studious image (think Einstein, Schweitzer). Albert remained popular for 80 years, and though it's far less fashionable today, it's still a widely used choice. Still, along with such stalwarts as Walter and George, it could now make an unusual yet classic choice. It became especially popular in Britain following the 1840 marriage of Queen Victoria to the German Prince Albert. Enlivening nickname Bertie is popular on its own in England.
# 564 in the US
Albert Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Albert
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Albert.
Famous People Named Albert
- Albert FinneyEnglish actor
- Albert I (born Albert Léopold Clément Marie Meinrad)King of the Belgians
- Albert II (born Albert Félix Humbert Théodore Christian Eugène Marie)King of the Belgians
- AlbertKing of Sweden
- (Frederick Augustus) Albert Anton Ferdinand Joseph Karl Maria Baptist Nepomuk Wilhelm Xaver Georg FidelisKing of Saxony
- Albert I (born Albert Honoré Charles Grimaldi)Prince of Monaco
- Albert II (born Albert Alexandre Louis Pierre Grimaldi)Prince of Monaco
- Albert Frederick Arthur Georgebirth name of Britain's King George VI
- (Francis) Albert Augustus Charles Emmanuel of SaxeCoburg and Gotha, Prince Consort of Britain's Queen Victoria
- Albert EinsteinGerman physicist synonymous with the word genius
- Albert CamusFrench philosopher and novelist
- Albert Pujols (born José Alberto Pujols Alcántara)Dominican,American baseball player
- Albert Hammond Jr.rhythm guitarist of American band The Strokes
- Albert Victor Christian EdwardDuke of Clarence and Avondale, eldest son of King Edward VII
- Albert ShepherdAmerican rapper
- Albert EllisAmerican psychologist
- Albert "Bertie" HighmoreEnglish actor; brother of actor Freddie Highmore
- Charles Albert Gobatwinner of the Nobel Peace Prize
- (Berthold Konrad Hermann) Albert SpeerGerman architect
- AlbertPrince of Schwarzburg,Rudolstadt
- Albert Edward Kauikeaouli Kaleiopapa a KamehamehaCrown Prince of Hawaii, son of King Kamehameha IV
- Albert KesselringGerman WWII general
- Albert BallEnglish WWI flying ace
- Albert NamatjiraAboriginal Australian painter
- Albert Maria Joseph Maximilian Lamoral8th Prince of Thurn und Taxis
- Albert Maria Lamoral Miguel Johannes Gabriel (b. 1983)12th Prince of Thurn and Taxis
- Albert Ecclestonson of English actor Christopher Eccleston
- Albert Calloway (b. 2017)son of American television personality AJ Calloway
- Albert AretzAmerican Youtuber
Albert in Pop Culture
- Albert "Al" Calaviccicharacter on 90s cult show "Quantum Leap"
- Albert Kroppcharacter in famous WWI novel "All Quiet on the Western Front" by Erich Maria Remarque
- Albert Weskerantagonist in the Resident Evil video game series
- Albert Ingallscharacter in the Little House on the Prairie series
- Albert Hillsboroughcharacter in the Gone series by Michael Grant
- Albert Franklincharacter in film "Bogus"
- Albertcharacter in "Yesterday's Child" by Barbara Wood
- Albertminor character in 1977 film "Suspiria"
- Albertcharacter in Terry Pratchett's Discworld series
- Albertcharacter in the Josie and the Pussycats comics
- Albert Hinkeycharacter in Pixar's "Cars"
- Albert Ramsbottomsubject of monologues by Stanley Holloway
- Albert de Parmagnanmain character in French animated series "Albert the Fifth Musketeer"
- Albert Ianuzzicharacter in movie "The Dream Team"
- Albert Tuccinicharacter in Jenny Nimmo's "The Children of the Red King" series
- Albert Lozanocharacter in "Sims" series
- "Fat Albert and the Cosby Kids" kids' animated TV show (1972,1985)
- Fat Albertlead cartoon character on 1970s kids' show
- Albert "Al" Robbinscharacter on TV's "CSI: Crime Scene Investigation"
- Albert Starkmain protagonist in the film "A Million Ways to Die in the West"
- Albert Vanderboomcharacter in Rusty Lake: Roots
- Albert W. WilyMad Scientist, Dr. Wily is the evil villain that appears in the Mega Man video game series
- Albert Clifford "A.C." Slatercharacter on the TV series "Saved by the Bell"