Tomas Origin and Meaning
The name Tomas is a boy's name of German, Portuguese origin meaning "twin".
The pronunciation may be slightly different—toe-MAHS—though some parents use this as a phonetic spelling of Thomas.
# 706 in the US
Tomas Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Tomas
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Tomas.
Lists containing Tomas
Famous People Named Tomas
- Tomas 'Tom" WalshNew Zealand shot putter
- Tomás Antônio GonzagaLuso,Brazilian poet
- Tomás Carrasquilla NaranjoColombian writer
- Tomás de Iriarte y OropesaSpanish neoclassical poet
- Tomas DelininkaitisLithuanian basketball player
- Tomás de ZumalacárreguiSpanish Carlist general
- Tomás Eloy MartínezArgentine journalist and writer
- Tomás Estrada PalmaCuban political figure
- Tomás Godoy CruzArgentine statesman and businessman
- Tomás Jesús Yarrington RuvalcabaMexican politician
- Tomás Luis de VictoriaSpanish composer
- Tomás Mac CurtainSinn Féin Lord Mayor of Cork
- Tomás Mac GiollaIrish member of parliament
- Tomás Martínez GuerreroPresident of Nicaragua
- Tomás Monje GutierrézPresident of Bolivia
- Tomás Ó FiaichIrish cardinal
- Tomás Romero PereiraPresident of Paraguay
- Tomas Ugo BehrendBrazilian/German tennis player
- Tomas Folke Jonas LedinSwedish singer and guitarist
Tomas in Pop Culture
- Tomasa very minor character on Season 3 of AMC's The Walking Dead
- Tomas Cantillocharacter on "Breaking Bad"
- Tomasone of the dragon elders on game "Spyro the Dragon"
- Tomasone of the branches of the Cahill family in the 39 Clues, descended from Thomas Cahill
- Father Tomas Ortegacharacter from "The Exorcist" TV series
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.