Skylar Origin and Meaning
The name Skylar is a boy's name of Dutch origin meaning "scholar".
This Americanized spelling of the Dutch name Schuyler is now almost all-girl. For parents looking to be different, the thing to do would be to use the original colonial Dutch spelling, which is firmly masculine.
20 Names Similar to Skylar
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Skylar.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Famous People Named Skylar
- Skylar Rutherford ThomasCanadian soccer player
- Skylar Gonzalezson of tennis player Pancho Gonzalez
- Skylar Johnson (b. 2011)son of former NFL player Damaris Johnson
- Skylar Astin (Lipstein)American actor
- Skylar Spence (born Ryan DeRobertis)American singer
- Skylar MaysAmerican NBA player
- Sunny Skylar (born Selig Shaftel)American composer and singer
Skylar in Pop Culture
- Skylara jaquin from TV's "Elena of Avalor"
- Skylarnatural fragrance company