Italian variation of Lazarus and Eleazar"God is my helper"
Lazaro Origin and Meaning
The name Lazaro is a boy's name of Italian origin meaning "God is my helper".
This sleek Italian name was raised from the dead by Mexican Mozart in the Jungle star Gael Garcia Bernal, who chose it for his son (he also has a daughter named Libertad). For athletic inspiration, Lazaro Alvarez, boxing for Cuba, is the three-time world champion lightweight boxer. Lazarus and root name Eleazar are both also destined for comebacks.
20 Names Similar to Lazaro
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lazaro.
Lists containing Lazaro
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Best Italian Baby Names
- Dad Names
- Cool Guy Names
- Best Boy Names Ending in O
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
Famous People Named Lazaro
- Lázaro Cárdenas del Río44th President of Mexico
- Lázaro Bernal (b. 2009)son of Mexican film actor, director, and producer Gael Garcia Bernal
Lazaro in Pop Culture
- Lázaro "Lazarillo" de Tormescentral character of the earliest picaresque novels (1554)