Jude is an example of a name whose image was turned on its head primarily by one appealing celebrity. So take a bow, Jude Law: You--in collaboration with the Lennon-McCartney song "Hey Jude"--have erased Jude's old connections to the traitorous Judas Iscariot and Thomas Hardy's tragic Jude the Obscure, and inspired a legion of new babies named Jude--2,500 of them last year.
Saint Jude was the apostle who interceded for people with problems and became the patron saint of lost causes.
Kelsey Grammer has a son named Jude Gordon. Jude is occasionally used for girls (as in Martha Stewart's granddaughter)--but more often as a shortened form of Judith/Judy.
Lists containing Jude:
- Baby Names with No Nicknames
- Names All Your Friends Will Think Are Cool
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- Boy Names Trendier Than You Think
- Cool Middle Names
- Supermodel Baby Names
- Literary Names for Boys
- If You Like Jacob, You Might Love...
- Vintage Baby Names for Boys
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Rock Star Baby Names
- Names Inspired by The Beatles
- Saints' Names For Boys
- Baby Name Favorites Right Now