Jesse Origin and Meaning
The name Jesse is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "gift".
King David's father turned 1980s cowboy, Jesse is now down in popularity. The name is associated with a wide variety of bearers, from outlaw Jesse James to Olympic athlete Jesse Owens to activist Jesse Jackson to current actors Jesse Tyler Ferguson and Jesse Eisenberg. The spelling Jesse is more usual as a boys' name while Jessie is more traditional for girls.
# 203 in the US
Jesse Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Jesse
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jesse.
Lists containing Jesse
- English Names with International Style
- Names That Mean Blessed
- Country Boy Baby Names
- Rustic Baby Names
- Biblical Baby Names
- Vintage Baby Names
- Victorian Boy Names
- December Baby Names
- Boy Names Dads Like More Than Moms
- Top Baby Names 1980s
- Top Baby Names 1990s
- Laid Back Baby Boy Names
- Most Common Names for Boys
- Wild Western Names for Dogs
- Disney Channel Baby Names
- August Baby Names
- Cool Cowboy Baby Names
- Bible Names for Boys
- Hebrew Baby Names
- Names That Mean Gift
- Athletic Baby Names
- Jewish Baby Names
- Black Hero Names
- Black History Names
- Boy Names ALWAYS in the Top 1000
- Country Cat Names
Famous People Named Jesse
- JesseBiblical father of King David, "The Jesse Tree"
- James Cleveland "Jesse" OwensAmerican Olympic athlete and civil rights icon
- Jesse Gordon SpencerAustralian actor
- Jesse Lee SofferAmerican actor
- Jesse Louis JacksonSr., American civil rights activist and politician
- Jesse Woodson JamesAmerican outlaw
- Jesse Ventura (born James George Janos)American politician; former governor of Minnesota; actor, author, pro wrestler
- Jesse Louis LaskyAmerican movie producer
- Jesse McCartneyAmerican singer/actor
- Jesse Adam EisenbergAmerican actor
- J. Wesley "Jesse" WilliamsAmerican actor
- Jesse Eden MetcalfeAmerican actor
- Jesse BradfordAmerican actor
- Jesse Tyler FergusonAmerican actor
- Jesse Royal Carmichaelkeyboardist with band Maroon 5
- Jesse JamesAmerican TV personality and creator of motorcycles
- Jesse Weaver Jr. aka Schoolly DAmerican rapper
- Jesse LevineAmerican,Canadian tennis player
- Jesse Huta GalungDutch tennis player
- Jesse Alexander HelmsJr., U.S. Senator from North Carolina
- Jesse MossCanadian Actor
- Jesse Lanier Cooperson of actress Marianne Leone Cooper
- Jesse James WoodEnglish Musician and son of Rolling Stone Ronnie Wood
- Jesse PlemonsAmerican actor
- Jesse "Dr." BlumAmerican musician of band MisterWives
- Jesse Lamont Martin (b. Watkins)American actor and singer
- Jesse Jameson Ortiz (b. 2009)son of American actress Jenna Jameson
- Jesse LingardEnglish footballer for Manchester United
Jesse in Pop Culture
- Jesse Blackthorna Cassandra Clare character from The Shadowhunters Chronicles
- “Jesse’s Girl” song by Rick Springfield
- Jesse Katsopolischaracter on "Full House"
- Jesse Wallacecharacter in the "Before Sunrise" films
- Jesse Thierrycharacter in the novel "Out of the Easy"
- Jesse Bruce Pinkmancharacter on TV's "Breaking Bad"
- Jesse Swansoncharacter in the movie "Pitch Perfect"
- Jesse St. Jamescharacter on TV's "Glee"
- Jesse Fitzgeraldcharacter in Jodi Picoult's novel "My Sister's Keeper"
- Jesse Kinsellacharacter on television series "Hart of Dixie"
- Jesse Custercharacter in DC Universe's "Preacher"
- Jessecharacter from "My Babysitter's a Vampire"
- "Celeste and Jesse Forever" 2012 American film
- Jesse McKaycharacter in 1991 Nancy Drew novel "The Secret at Seven Rocks"
- Jesse Aaronscharacter in the book "Bridge to Terabithia"
- Jessecharacter in the game "Minecraft Story Mode"
- Jessecharacter in animated series "Star Wars: The Clone Wars"
- Jesse Sallandersenior nurse on "Code Black"
- Jesse McCreecharacter from the video game "Overwatch"
- Jesse Tuckcharacter in the book, movie, and musical "Tuck Everlasting"
- Jesse Cosaymain character in the animated series “Infinity Train”
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.