Ilya Origin and Meaning
The name Ilya is a boy's name of Greek, Russian origin meaning "the Lord is my God".
A rare example of an a-ending boy's name that sounds masculine, Ilya has a large measure of creative Slavic charm. >p>Ilya Ilyich Oblomov is the central character in Goncharov's novel "Oblomov." Unfortunately, he spends most of his life in his bathrobe and slippers.
20 Names Similar to Ilya
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ilya.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Ilya
Famous People Named Ilya
- Ilya Yefimovich RepinRussian realist painter
- Ilya Nikolayevich BryzgalovRussian ice hockey player
- Ilya Valeryevich KovalchukRussian ice hockey player
- Ilya Mikhailovich FrankRussian physicist and Nobel Prize winner
- Ilya Romanovich PrigogineBelgian physical chemist and Nobel Prize winner
- Ilya Yankelevich GabayRussian civil rights activist
- Ilya PerfilyevRussian explorer
Ilya in Pop Culture
- Ilya MurometsRussian folk hero
- Ilya Afanasyevich Shamrayevcharacter in Anton Chekhov's "The Seagull"
- Ilya Stepanovich Igolkincharacter in Vladimir Obruchev's "Plutonia"
- Ilya "Ilyusha" Snegiryovcharacter in Fyodor Dostoevsky's "The Brothers Karamazov"
- Ilya Pasternakcharacter in video game "Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation"
- Ilya Kuryakinmain character on TV's "The Man from U.N.C.L.E."
- Ilya Tretiakcharacter in 1997 movie "The Saint"
- Ilyacharacter in "Letters from Rifka" by Karen Hesse
- IlyaJulian's real name in visual novel The Arcana