Harlan Origin and Meaning
The name Harlan is a boy's name of German origin meaning "rocky land".
Pleasant but uninspired surname name somewhat connected to writers Ellison and Coben. After three decades off the US Top 1000, it reentered in 2013, maybe because it's an unusual example of the trendy class of two-syllable n-ending boys’ names. Kevin Harlan is an NFL, NBA, and college basketball announcer for TV and radio.
# 818 in the US
Harlan Rank in US Top 2000
20 Names Similar to Harlan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Harlan.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Harlan
Famous People Named Harlan
- Harlan Fiske Stone12th Chief Justice of the United States
- Harlan CobenAmerican novelist
- Harlan Jay EllisonAmerican speculative fiction novelist
- Harlan LattimoreAmerican singer
- Harlan BriggsAmerican actor
- Harlan Perry HowardAmerican singer,songwriter
- Harlan HubbardAmerican painter
- Harlan DaumannCanadian singer,songwriter; son of singer John Mann
- Harlan Roy Griffin (b. 2014)son of actress Grey DeLisle and Jared Griffin
- Harlan Harris (b. 2016)son of New Zealand rugby footballer Tohu Harris
- Harlan Veil Michelina Phillipsdaughter of Instagramer @whatdreamsmaybecome
Harlan in Pop Culture
- Harlan Fairfax Carruthersfrom the movie "Down in the Valley"
- Harlan Whitfordfrom the movie "Safe House"
- Harlan Wadefrom the game "F.E.A.R."
- Harlan Jeeterscharacter from TV series "American Gothic"
- Harlan Carsoncharacter from "The Walking Dead" (both comic and TV show)
- Earl Harlancharacter from the podcast "Welcome to Night Vale"
- Harlan PuckettCharacter in film "Thelma and Louise"
- Harlan CountyKentucky, USA, home of many country musicians
- Dr Harlan Fontaine from video game “L.A. Noire”
- Harlan EstateNapa Valley cult wine producer
- Harlan Ogilvycharacter in 2005 film "War of the Worlds"