Godric Origin and Meaning
The name Godric is a boy's name meaning "God's power".
Godric is one of the unique baby names that has found more exposure since J.K. Rowling's Harry Potter universe came into our lives. Godric Gryffindor is an important historical figure in the series. In real life, Godric was a name popular in middle England, with many saints and sheriffs of the 11th century bearing the name. Godric, like other old English names Arthur, Edwin and Oswald, has potential to make a comeback as an easily-recognizable but creative choice for parents looking for names that are unique without being too challenging.
20 Names Similar to Godric
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Godric.
Lists containing Godric
Famous People Named Godric
- Saint Godric of FinchaleEnglish hermit, merchant and popular medieval saint
- Godric of MappestoneAnglo,Saxon nobleman
- Godric the Stewardmedieval English steward to the Earl of East Anglia
- Godric the SheriffAnglo Saxon sheriff of Berkshire and possibly Buckinghamshire
Godric in Pop Culture
- Godric Gryffindorfounder of Gryffindor House in the Harry Potter series
- Godriccharacter on TV's "True Blood"
- "Godric" novel by Frederick Buechner about Godric of Finchale
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.