Ferelith Origin and Meaning
The name Ferelith is a girl's name of Gaelic, Scottish, Irish origin meaning "true sovereignty".
Ferelith is an unusual yet deeply-rooted Scottish girl's name, also found in ancient Ireland and drawn from the Gaelic Forbhlaith or Forbflaith. While it went through a period of dormancy after the Middle Ages, there are some modern women named Ferelith, including actress Ferelith Young and Princess of Denmark Anne Ferelith Fenella Bowes-Lyon.
20 Names Similar to Ferelith
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Ferelith.
Lists containing Ferelith
Famous People Named Ferelith
- Ferelith or ForbhlaithCountess of Atholl, wife of David de Hastings
- Ferelith Hamilton SomerfieldEnglish dog show judge and author
- Ferelith YoungCanadian actress
- Anne Ferelith Fenella BowesLyon; Princess George Valdemar of Denmark; cousin of Queen Elizabeth II
- Fiona Ferelith HodgsonBaroness Hodgson of Abinger, British MP
- Ferelyth WillsBritish sculptor
Ferelith in Pop Culture
- Ferelithcharacter in White Crow (2010) by Marcus Sedgwick
- Ferelitha 1903 novel by Victor Hay, 21st Earl of Errol (whose daughter, born a year later, was named Rosemary Constance Ferelith)
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.