Anselm Origin and Meaning
The name Anselm is a boy's name of German origin meaning "with divine protection".
A somewhat solemn appellation, Anselm is a saint's name, connected to the twelfth century archbishop of Canterbury, and in modern times tied to the German neo-expressionist painter Anselm Kiefer.
20 Names Similar to Anselm
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Anselm.
Lists containing Anselm
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Saints' Names For Boys
- College Baby Names
- Cool Boy Names—Rare, Unique and Unusual
- German Shepherd Names
- February Baby Names
- Cool Saints' Names for Babies
- Geek Chic Names for Boys
- Names That Mean Miracle, Heavenly, or Divine
- Artistic Baby Names
- Jewish Baby Names
- Unique Names from History
- Confirmation Names for Boys
Famous People Named Anselm
- Saint Anselm of CanterburyItalian,born abbot and theologian
- Anselm KieferGerman painter and sculptor
- Anselm FeuerbachGerman painter
- Anselm of LaonFrench theologian
- Anselm Joseph McLaurinAmerican politician; 34th Governor of Mississippi
Anselm in Pop Culture
- Saint Anselm College in New Hampshire
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.