The name Anastasia is a girl's name of Greek, Russian origin meaning "resurrection". Anastasia is ranked #169 on our popularity charts and is often added to lists like Old Lady Names and discussed in our forums with posts like "Quintuplet Game-GIRLS".
From the experts:
Anastasia is no longer a forbidding regal Russian name, but is now seen as a viable -- and increasingly popular -- American option, elegantly beautiful.
Anastasia's greatest claim to fame is via the "lost" daughter of the last czar of Russia, whose story has been told and retold in books and movies.
An old Greek name and also that of an ancient saint--the patron saint of weavers--Anastasia was well used in ancient Britain and in Ireland as well as Russia.
Anastasia's meaning relates to resurrection, making it an apt choice for an Easter or spring baby.
Lists containing Anastasia:
- Girly Girl Baby Names
- If You Like Isabella, You Might Love...
- Russian Baby Girl Names
- If You Like Samantha, You Might Love...
- Vowel Baby Names for Girls
- Old Lady Names
- If You Like Alexandra, You Might Love...
- Princess Names
- Easter Baby Names
- Spring Baby Names
- A+ Baby Names
- Fictional Princess Names
- Disney Baby Names
- Romantic Baby Names for Girls
- Saints' Names for Girls
- Badass Princess Names
- Greek Baby Names for Modern Kids
- 80 Lovely Names for Gemini Babies
- 66 Terrific Names for April Babies