French variation of Alexander"defending men"
Alexandre Origin and Meaning
The name Alexandre is a boy's name of French, Greek origin meaning "defending men".
Pronunciation of Alexandre is too close to the feminine Alexandra to work for a boy in most English-speaking lands.
20 Names Similar to Alexandre
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alexandre.
Lists containing Alexandre
Famous People Named Alexandre
- AlexandreFélix,Joseph Ribot, Prime Minister of France
- Alexandre Dumas (père and fils)French novelists
- ThomasAlexandre Dumas (born Alexandre Davy de la Pailleterie), French Revolutionary general, father of Alexandre Dumas père
- Alexandre Emmanuel Henri Albert Marie LéopoldPrince of Belgium, son of King Leopold III
- Alexandre Gustave EiffelFrench civil engineer and architect
- Alexandre Michel Gérard DesplatFrench film composer
- Alexandre César Léopold "Georges" BizetFrench composer
- Alexandre Pato (born Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva)Brazilian footballer
- Alexandre Olivier ExquemelinFrench or Dutch writer on piracy
- AlexandrePrince de Mérode, Belgian IOC official
- Alexandre PrématFrench racing driver
- Alexandre GomesBrazilian poker player
- Alexandre KojèveRussian,French philosopher
- Alexandre DespatieCanadian Olympic diver
- Alexandre Eric Stephane GrimaldiCoste, son of Prince Albert of Monaco
Alexandre in Pop Culture
- Alexandre Manettecharacter in "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens