Alexandre Origin and Meaning
The name Alexandre is a boy's name of French, Greek origin meaning "defending men".
Pronunciation of Alexandre is too close to the feminine Alexandra to work for a boy in most English-speaking lands.
20 Names Similar to Alexandre
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alexandre.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Alexandre
Famous People Named Alexandre
- AlexandreFélix,Joseph Ribot, Prime Minister of France
- Alexandre Dumas (père and fils)French novelists
- ThomasAlexandre Dumas (born Alexandre Davy de la Pailleterie), French Revolutionary general, father of Alexandre Dumas père
- Alexandre Emmanuel Henri Albert Marie LéopoldPrince of Belgium, son of King Leopold III
- Alexandre Gustave EiffelFrench civil engineer and architect
- Alexandre Michel Gérard DesplatFrench film composer
- Alexandre César Léopold "Georges" BizetFrench composer
- Alexandre Pato (born Alexandre Rodrigues da Silva)Brazilian footballer
- Alexandre Olivier ExquemelinFrench or Dutch writer on piracy
- AlexandrePrince de Mérode, Belgian IOC official
- Alexandre PrématFrench racing driver
- Alexandre GomesBrazilian poker player
- Alexandre KojèveRussian,French philosopher
- Alexandre DespatieCanadian Olympic diver
- Alexandre Eric Stephane GrimaldiCoste, son of Prince Albert of Monaco
Alexandre in Pop Culture
- Alexandre Manettecharacter in "A Tale of Two Cities" by Charles Dickens