The name Adlai is a boy's name of Hebrew origin meaning "God is just". Adlai and is often added to lists like Bible Names for Boys and discussed in our forums with posts like "Boys Makeover- Two Middles".
From the experts:
Adlai is an Old Testament name long associated with 1950's liberal presidential candidate Stevenson, who was named after his grandfather, who was Grover Cleveland's vice president in the nineteenth century. Now it's an unusual Biblical choice ripe for rediscovery.
In the Bible, Adlai was a minor character, the father of one of King David's herdsmen. Adlai is a contracted form of the Hebrew name Adaliah.
Lists containing Adlai:
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- Geek Chic Names for Boys
- Coolated Boys' Names
- Best Boy Names Starting with Vowels
- Names to Substitute for Aaron
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Bible Names for Boys
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Unique Boy Names: Unusual and Rare
- Unique Baby Names Ending In I
- Gender-Neutral Baby Names
- Biblical Baby Names