Latin, meaning unknown
Remus Origin and Meaning
The name Remus is boy's name of Latin origin.
Remus is one of the legendary twins who, with brother Romulus, founded Rome. An unusual yet classic name for the extremely adventurous who can put aside the stereotyped image of Uncle Remus. Though because of that "ream" first syllable, we prefer Romulus.
20 Names Similar to Remus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Remus.
Famous People Named Remus
- Remus OprișRomanian politician
- Remus CerneaRomanian activist and politician
- Remus PricopieRomanian cabinet minister
- (Martin Wilhelm) Remus von WoyrschPrussian Field Marshal
- Remus NicolaiRomanian aerobic gymnast
Remus in Pop Culture
- Remuslegendary founder of Rome; twin of brother Romulus
- Remus Lupinwerewolf in the "Harry Potter" series
- Uncle Remusmain character in stories by Joel Chandler Harris (Disney's Song of the South)
- Remusplanet in "Star Trek"
- RemusThomas Sanders darker Creative side, twin of Roman