French, variation of Remy"oarsman"
Remi Origin and Meaning
The name Remi is both a boy's name and a girl's name of French origin meaning "oarsman".
Adorable name that's fashionable and keeps gaining momentum. Remi entered the US Top 1000 in 2013 and is now approaching the Top 100. The Remi spelling is more popular for girls, while Remy is more popular for boys, both both spellings are in the Top 1000 for both genders. That's a remarkable success story for a name that, in the late 1900s, was given to only a handful of babies in the US.
# 122 in the US
Remi Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Remi
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Remi.
Famous People Named Remi
- Remington "Remi" Nelsonmodel
- Remi HiranoJapanese celebrity chef
- Remi Ryan (b. 2013)daughter of rugby player Beau Ryan
- Remington Monroe "Remi" Simms (b. 2015)daughter of reality TV personality Corey Simms ("Teen Mom 2")
- Remi Balfour (b. 2016)daughter of TV journalist Catriona Shearer and David Balfour
- Remi McKenna Lucas (b. 2016)daughter of musician Chris Lucas
- Remi Sol Trippy (b. 2019) daughter of Charles and Allie TrippyYouTube vloggers
Remi in Pop Culture
- Alice "Remi" Kruger aka Jane Doecharacter on TV's Blindspot
- Remi Barberinmain character in anime Remi, Nobody's Girl
- Remi Otogiricharacter in video game Power Instinct
- Remi Hoshikawa aka Five Yellowcharacter on TV's Chikyuu Sentai Fiveman
- Remi Docharacter in manghwa series Rebirth