Medieval variation of Margaret"pearl"
Margery Origin and Meaning
The name Margery is a girl's name meaning "pearl".
An old royal name in England and Scotland that's also spelled Marjorie. Popular in the Middle Ages and Tudor period, it was revived at the end of the 19th century, peaked in 1921 and dropped off the list in 1958, enough time to be reconsidered as a Margaret alternative. The name Margery Daw is familiar via the seesaw nursery rhyme and Margery Williams wrote the children's classic The Velveteen Rabbit..
20 Names Similar to Margery
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Margery.
Lists containing Margery
- International Variations of Margaret
- Shakespeare Baby Names
- Victorian Girl Names
- Scottish Baby Names
- Colonial Names for Girls
- Fairy Tale Baby Names
- Unique Names from History
- Medieval Names
- Victorian Names from the 1800s
- Colonial Names from the 1700s
Famous People Named Margery
- (Clara) Margery Melita SharpEnglish novelist
- Margery Louise AllinghamEnglish novelist
- Margery Harriet LawrenceEnglish novelist
- Margery MasonEnglish actress and director
- Margery Winifred WilliamsAnglo,American children's author
- Margery Williams Biancoauthor of "The Velveteen Rabbit"
- Margery FishEnglish gardener and author
- Margery KempeEnglish mystic
Margery in Pop Culture
- "See Saw Margery Daw" English nursery rhyme
- Margery Fenworthycharacter in the "St. Clare's" book series by Enid Blyton