Luz Origin and Meaning
The name Luz is girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "light".
Pronounced LOOSE, this name that refers to the Virgin Mary—"Our Lady of Light"—is one of the most widely used Spanish name for girls. Its sleekness and stylish final z gives it a modern appeal, like sister name Lux. Nicknames and variations include Chitta, Lucecita, Lucelida, Lucelita, Lucha, Lucida, Lucila, Lusa, and Luzana.
20 Names Similar to Luz
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Luz.
Famous People Named Luz
- (María) Luz Casal (Paz)Spanish pop singer
- Luz Dary Castro (Lemos)Colombian shot putter
- Maria D'Luz (born Dulce Maria Gonzalez Aldaz)Mexican,American pianist,singer,songwriter
- María De Luz Da SilvaVenezuelan beauty queen
- María de Luz Flores Acevesbirth name of Lucha Reyes, Mexican singer and actress
Luz in Pop Culture
- Luzplace in the lot of Joseph (Joshua 16:2)
- Luza city in the land of the Hittites (Judges 1:26)
- "Luz" is Spanish and Portuguese for "light"
- Luz Marina Falco Coopercharacter in Ursula K. Le Guin's "The Eye of the Heron"
- Luzgod of pain and oppression in the D&D Greyhawk setting
- Luz Nocedamain character in Disney's "The Owl House"