Catalan diminutive of Eulalia"sweet-speaking"
Laia Origin and Meaning
The name Laia is girl's name of Spanish, Catalan origin meaning "sweet-speaking".
Saint Eulalia was born in Spain and is the patron saint of Barcelona, so her name and its derivatives are popular throughout the land — especially in her native Catalonia.
20 Names Similar to Laia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Laia.
Famous People Named Laia
- Laia CostaSpanish actress
- Laia Marull (Quintana)Spanish actress
- Laia Palau (Altés)Spanish basketball player
- Laia Sanz (PlaGiribert), Spanish motorcyclist
- Laia PonsSpanish Olympic synchronized swimmer
- Laia Forcadell (Arenas)Spanish Olympic sprinter and hurdler
- Laia AbrilSpanish photographer
- Laia Martínez i LópezSpanish poet
Laia in Pop Culture
- Laiamain character in Sabaa Tahir's "An Ember in the Ashes."