Diminutive of Jedidiah"beloved of the Lord"
Jed Origin and Meaning
The name Jed is boy's name of Arabic origin.
Cowboyish short form that's both macho and cool. Got prime time exposure on The West Wing.
20 Names Similar to Jed
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Jed.
Famous People Named Jed
- Jed AllanAmerican actor
- Jed Saul RakoffU.S. federal judge
- Jed Harris (born Jacob Hirsch Horowitz)Austrian,American producer
- Edwin Fish "Jed" Gould III aka Jed the FishAmerican radio deejay
- Jed Madulastage name of John Edward Tajanlangit, Filipino singer
- Jed ProutyAmerican actor
- Jedson Louis "Jed" SimonAmerican heavy metal musician
- Jed Tucker WhedonAmerican screenwriter; brother of Joss Whedon
- Jed Hardy Koster (b. 2011)son of AFL player Kym Koster
Jed in Pop Culture
- Josiah Edward "Jed" BartletUS President on TV's "The West Wing"
- Jed Clampettcharacter on TV's The Beverly Hillbillies
- Jedediah "Jed" Lelandreporter in the film Citizen Kane
- Jed Stonecharacter on British soap opera Coronation Street
- Jed Walkercharacter in DC Comics
- Jed Maxwellcharacter on British TV series "I'm Alan Partridge"
- Jed Wrightboss in video game "Dead Rising 2: Case Zero"
- Jed Garritycharacter on TV's "The 4400"
- Jeda character in "The Forest of Hands and Teeth," by Carrie Ryan