Anglo-Saxon from French"pledge of peace"
Geoffrey Origin and Meaning
The name Geoffrey is boy's name of French, Anglo-Saxon origin meaning "pledge of peace".
In the US, this spelling is less common than mid-century favorite Jeffrey, and it has faded from popularity faster. This more British spelling is the usual form for historical figures like Geoffrey Chaucer and the Welsh historian Geoffrey of Monmouth, and as such it may feel more rooted and enduring.
20 Names Similar to Geoffrey
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Geoffrey.
Famous People Named Geoffrey
- Geoffrey BeeneAmerican fashion designer
- Geoffrey Chaucermedieval English writer, author of "The Canterbury Tales"
- Geoffrey Arnold "Jeff" BeckEnglish rock guitarist
- Geoffrey Howeformer British Deputy Prime Minister
- Geoffrey ArendAmerican actor
- Geoffrey WigdorAmerican actor
- Geoffrey Joseph "Geoff" RowleyEnglish pro skateboarder
- Geoffrey PlantagenetCount of Anjou
- Geoffrey RushAustralian actor
- Geoffrey of MonmouthWelsh cleric
- Geoffrey KeatingIrish priest and poet
- Geoffrey PalmerEnglish actor
- Geoffrey LewisAmerican actor
- Geoffrey ZakarianAmerican TV chef, restaurateur, and author
- Geoffrey Charles "Geoff" HurstEnglish footballer
- Geoffrey Thomas "Geoff" HangartnerAmerican football player
- Geoffrey Isaiah "Geoff" SchwartzAmerican football player
- Geoffrey Scott "Geoff" CameronAmerican soccer player
- Geoffrey "Geoff" DownesEnglish musician of The Buggles, Yes and Asia
- Geoffrey James "Geoff" NichollsEnglish keyboardist of Black Sabbath
- Geoffrey Wayne "Geoff" TateAmerican lead singer of the band Queensryche
- Geoffrey Paul "Geoff" BarrowEnglish musician of Portishead
- Geoffrey William "Geoff" RicklyEnglish lead singer of Thursday
- Geoffrey Brian "Geoff" HuntAustralian squash player
- Geoffrey Lazer "Geoff" Ramsey (born Geoffrey Paul Fink)American comedian of the internet group Rooster Teeth
- Ewan Robert Geoffrey O'Dowdson of Erin Boag & Peter O'Dowd
Geoffrey in Pop Culture
- Geoffrey Tennantmain character of TV show "Slings and Arrows"
- Geoffrey Shurlockfrom movie "Hitchcock"
- Geoffrey Cliftonfrom the movie "The English Patient"
- Geoffrey Vickarscharacter in G. A. Henty's "By England's Aid"
- Geoffrey Landgraabcharacter in "The Sims" (3,4) video/computer games
- Geoffrey "Geoff" Binghamcharacter in the book "After the Hole" and it's film adaptation "The Hole"
- Geoffrey the GiraffeToys R Us mascot
- Geoffrey Landgraabcharacter in the Sims franchise