Russian or Persian, variation of Daria or feminine form of Darius"kingly; the sea"
Darya Origin and Meaning
The name Darya is girl's name of Russian origin meaning "kingly; the sea".
The beguiling Darya is the name of a character in Tolstoy's Anna Karenina. As a Russian name, it's a spelling variation of Daria, while in Iran, it's a girl's name that means "the sea".
20 Names Similar to Darya
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Darya.
Lists containing Darya
- Supermodel Names
- Beach Baby Names
- Names That Mean Ruler or Royal
- Nature Names for Babies
- Names That Mean Ocean
Famous People Named Darya
- Darya Vladimirovna DomrachevaBelarusian Olympic biathlete
- Darya KustovaBelarusian tennis player
- Darya PchelnikBelarusian Olympic hammer thrower
- Darya Vitalyevna PishchalnikovaRussian Olympic discus thrower
- Darya Petrovna SaltykovaRussian lady in waiting to Catherine the Great
- Darya Vladimirovna PoverennovaRussian actress
Darya in Pop Culture
- Darya "Dolly" Alexandrovna Oblonskayacharacter in Leo Tolstoy's "Anna Karenina"