Irish or Norse, "free from envy, or, from the deer estate""free from envy, or, from the deer estate"
Darby Origin and Meaning
The name Darby is both a boy's name and a girl's name of Irish, Scandinavian, Norse origin meaning "free from envy, or, from the deer estate".
Once a common boys' name in Ireland (e. g. , Darby O'Gill and the Little People), the dynamic Darby now has a definite unisex feel. Actor Paul Rudd has a young daughter named Darby.
# in the US
Darby Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Darby
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Darby.
Famous People Named Darby
- Darby StanchfieldAmerican actress
- Darby Anne WalkerAmerican actress
- Darby Rudd (b. 2010)daughter of American actor Paul Rudd
- Darby Warddaughter of former footballer Ashley Ward and RHOC star Dawn Ward
Darby in Pop Culture
- Darby Shawmain character in "The Pelican Brief"
- Darbycharacter on TV's "Second Noah"
- Darbyhuman character on animated series "My Friends Tigger and Pooh"
- Darby Cartermain character in the show "Love Life"