Athanasios Origin and Meaning
The name Athanasios is boy's name meaning "immortal".
A mouthful of a given name, but one that is common in its native Greece. Athanasius is the spelling Americans are more familiar with — St. Athanasius of Alexandria is considered one of the founders of Eastern Orthodox Christianity.
20 Names Similar to Athanasios
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Athanasios.
Famous People Named Athanasios
- Athanasios DiakosGreek Revolutionary hero
- Athanasios "Thanasis" Klaras aka Ares or Aris VelouchiotisGreek resistance leader during WWII
- Athanasios "Thanasis" AntetokounmpoGreek basketball player
- Athanasios "Thanasis" PapakonstantinouGreek singer,songwriter
- Athanasios "Tom" AsimakopulosCanadian economist
- Athanasios PapoulisGreek,American engineer
- Athanasios PolychronopoulosGreek,American poker player
- Athanasios OrphanidesCypriot economist
- Athanasios PsalidasGreek author and scholar
Athanasios in Pop Culture
- Revd. Athanasius Rookcharacter in Thackeray's short story Captain Rook (from Character Sketches, 1841); father of the titular crook and blackguard, Captain Tom Rook