Italian variation of Alexis"defending warrior"
Alessia Origin and Meaning
The name Alessia is girl's name of Italian origin meaning "defending warrior".
Young Canadian pop singer Alessia Cara has given this spicy-sounding name a new lease on life, propelling it into the Top 1000 in 2016. (It was one of the year's fastest-rising girls' names.) The main risk is that it feels so close to Alexa, Alicia, Alexis and Alyssa-- all becoming overused -- that it could be mistaken for one of those more familiar names.
# 436 in the US
Alessia Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Alessia
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Alessia.
Famous People Named Alessia
- Alessia CaraCanadian singer,songwriter
- Alessia MarcuzziItalian TV personality
- Alessia AureliItalian ice dancer
- Alessia FilippiItalian swimmer
- Alessia MerzItalian model, and TV personality
- Alessia MoscaItalian MEP
- Alessia MaurelliItalian rhythmic gymnast
- Alessia Francesca SacconeJoly, daughter of YouTube vloggers SacconeJolys
Alessia in Pop Culture
- Italian form of Alexia (the feminine form of Alexius). See also Alessio.