Viggo Origin and Meaning
The name Viggo is a boy's name of Scandinavian origin meaning "war".
Though to most Americans Viggo is a one-person name attached to intense actor Mortensen, it is actually an old Norse name dating back to the Vikings, and is currently the 32nd most popular appellation in Sweden. Viggo Mortensen is a Jr., sharing his name with his Danish father. We think this name is so, well, vigorous, that it might appeal to others as well. Taylor and Natalie Hanson seemed to agree when they chose it for their fourth child.
20 Names Similar to Viggo
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Viggo.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Viggo
- Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare
- Names Tied to a Single Celebrity
- Cool Names with a Strong O
- European Boy Names
- Unique Baby Names Ending In O
- Bold Bohemian Names for Boys
- Best Two Syllable Names
- Best Two Syllable Boy Names
- Best Boy Names Ending in O
- Boy Names Uncommon in the US
- Unique Celebrity Baby Names
- Attitude Names for Boys
- Names That Mean Warrior, Soldier, or Knight
- Bohemian Baby Names
- Unusual Baby Names
- Magic Names
- UNIQUE BOY NAMES: UNUSUAL AND RARE.
- Hipster Baby Names
Famous People Named Viggo
- Viggo Peter MortensenJr., Danish,American actor, poet, musician, photographer and painter
- Viggo Olfert Fischer KampmannPrime Minister of Denmark
- (Harald) Viggo HansteenNorwegian politician
- Viggo BrunNorwegian mathematician
- Viggo Christensenfirst Lord Mayor of Copenhagen
- Viggo Moriah Hanson (b. 2008)son of American musician Taylor Hanson
- Viggo Sebastian Turnbull (b. 2017)son of actress Nadia Bjorlin and husband Grant Turnbull
Viggo in Pop Culture
- Viggo Grimborn from the Dragons: Race to the Edge series