The name Tabitha is a girl's name of Aramaic origin meaning "gazelle". Tabitha and is often added to lists like Bible Names for Girls and discussed in our forums with posts like "A brother or sister for little Jack or Olivia".
From the experts:
Though never as popular as the name of her Bewitched mother, Samantha, Tabitha has its own quirky, magical charm. The name of a charitable woman who was restored to life by Saint Peter in the Bible, it was a popular Puritan choice. Sarah Jessica Parker and Matthew Broderick chose it for one of their twin daughters, which gave it a slight boost. Nonetheless, Tabitha remains in decline.
One of Beatrix Potter's storybook characters is a cat called Tabitha Twitchet, and indeed the nickname Tabby is decidedly feline; other old nicknames are Tibby and Tabea.
A contemporary bearer is author Tabitha King, AKA Mrs. Stephen, and Tabitha Soren was an MTV news reporter. In The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, one of the quartet of friends is Tabitha Rollins, whose nickname is Tibby. Tabitha Smith is a comic book super hero in the Marvel Universe.
Lists containing Tabitha:
- Cool Bible Baby Names
- If You Like Samantha, You Might Love...
- Colonial Names for Girls
- Gorgeous Names for Autumn Babies
- Celebrity Baby Names
- Bible Names for Girls
- Baby Names with Animal Meanings
- Spooky Halloween Baby Names
- Unusual Biblical Baby Names
- Cool Classic Girls’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Baby Girl Names to Love Right Now
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Posh Baby Names
- Black Cat Names
- Baby Names from Children's Books
- Hipster British Baby Names for Girls
- Badass Cat Names
- Sweet Names for October Babies