Sherman Origin and Meaning
The name Sherman is a boy's name of English origin meaning "shearer of woolen cloth".
Not quite as over-the-hill as Herman, but not far behind either.
20 Names Similar to Sherman
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sherman.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Sherman
Famous People Named Sherman
- Sherman AlexieAmerican fiction writer
- Sherman Alexander HemsleyAmerican actor
- Sherman AdamsChief of Staff for U.S. President Dwight D. Eisenhower, Governor of New Hampshire
- Sherman AugustusAmerican actor and football player
- Sherman BoothAmerican abolitionist
- Sherman DillardAmerican basketball player and coach
- Sherman DouglasAmerican basketball player
- Sherman EdwardsAmerican composer
- Sherman FairchildAmerican entrepreneur
- Sherman HowardAmerican actor
- Sherman McMasterAmerican outlaw,turned,lawman
- Sherman MintonU.S. Supreme Court justice and senator from Indiana
- Robert B. and Richard M. ShermanAmerican songwriting team
- William Tecumseh ShermanAmerican Civil War General
- Bobby ShermanAmerican pop singer
Sherman in Pop Culture
- Sherman Klumpmain character in movie 'The Nutty Professor"
- Shermanboy on animated series "The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show" and film "Peabody and Sherman"
- "Sherman's Lagoon" newspaper comic strip about the title shark
- Sherman McCoymain character in Tom Wolfe's "The Bonfire of the Vanities"
- Sherman Schradercharacter from movie "Accepted"
- Sherman "Preacher" Dudleycharacter in movie "Deep Blue Sea"
- Sherman Tortoisecharacter in comic strip "The Dandy"
- Sherman Bagleycharacter in "Sims" series
- Colonel Sherman T. Pottercharacter on the TV series "M*A*S*H"
- Tommy Shermancharacter on animated series "Daria"