Sheila Origin and Meaning
The name Sheila is a girl's name of Irish origin meaning "blind one".
Sheila peaked in popularity from the 1930s to the 1960s (she reached Number 49 in 1965), along with Maureen and Colleen; parents today would probably go back to the original Cecilia or forward to Shea.
20 Names Similar to Sheila
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Sheila.
Lists containing Sheila
Famous People Named Sheila
- Sheila E. (Escovedo)American drummer and singer
- Sheila Jackson LeeU.S. Congresswoman from Texas
- Sheila Mary FloranceAustralian actress
- (Margaret) Sheila Mackellar ChisholmAustralian socialite
- Sheila SimonAmerican politician
- Sheila DikshitIndian politician
- Sheila Cameron HancockEnglish actress and author
- Sheila (born Annie Chancel)French pop singer
- Sheila Savithri Elizabeth ChandraBritish pop singer
- Sheila SteafelSouth African,British actress
- Sheila ScribnerAmerican singer
- Sheila WhiteEnglish actress
- Sheila Ryan (born Katherine Elizabeth McLaughlin)American actress
- Karen Sheila GillanScottish actress
Sheila in Pop Culture
- Sheila Franklincharacter in musical "Hair"
- Sheila Bennettcharacter on TV's "The Vampire Diaries," grandmother of Bonnie Bennett
- Sheila Bryantcharacter from "A Chorus Line"
- Sheila Jacksoncharacter on TV's "Shameless"
- Sheilakangaroo in video game "Spyro the Dragon"
- Sheila Take a Bowsong by The Smiths
- Sheilacharacter in movie "What's Your Number"
- "Sheila"song by Jamie T
- "Sheila"song by Tommy Roe
- Shelagh (pronounced Sheila) Turner aka Sister Bernadettecharacter on TV's "Call the Midwife"
- Sheila BroflovskiKyle's mom on TV's "South Park"
- Sheilalead character in "Santa Clarita Diet"
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.