SEN-an or SHEN-an
Irish, variation of Seanan"old, wise"
Senan Origin and Meaning
The name Senan is a boy's name meaning "old, wise".
St. Senan was a famed founder of monasteries, whose ruins can still be seen. Legend has it that before he could found it, he had to banish a great monster. Other versions are Sionan, Sinan, Synan and Sinon. Seanan is also a pet form of Sean.
20 Names Similar to Senan
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Senan.
Lists containing Senan
- Top Irish Baby Names
- Boy Names Uncommon in the US
- Popular Irish Baby Names
- Names That Mean Smart, Intelligent, or Wise
- Unique Irish Names
- Gaelic Names
- Unique Irish Boy Names
Famous People Named Senan
- Senan Hasan Qasem AbdelqaderArab,Palestinian architect and urban planner
- Senan Declan Clint van der MerweSouth African rugby union player
- Senan MolonyIrish newspaper editor
- Senan ConnellIrish Gaelic footballer