The name Primrose is a girl's name of English origin meaning "first rose". Primrose and is often added to lists like Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies and discussed in our forums with posts like "Names on NB that make you go WOW!".
From the experts:
Still found in quaint British novels, and until recently considered a bit too prim for most American classrooms, some adventurous namers are suddenly beginning to see Primrose as an attractive member of the rose family.
In the H. E. Bates book and 90's British TV series, The Darling Buds of May, there is a character named Primrose Violet Anemone Iris Magnolia Narcissa Larkin--who has twin sisters named Zinnia and Petunia. More current is young Primrose "Prim" Everdeen in the Hunger Games trilogy by Suzanne Collins.
Curiously, Primrose was first used as a Scottish surname.
Lists containing Primrose:
- Cool Names for Winter Babies
- Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies
- Good Girl Names
- Colonial Names for Girls
- Baby Names That Mean New Beginnings
- Nature Names for Babies
- Hunger Games Baby Names
- Vibrant Spring Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With P
- Posh Baby Names
- Feminine Girl Names
- Baby Names from Children's Books
- Stylish Girls' Names That End in Consonants
- Hipster British Baby Names for Girls
- Delightful Names for Aries Babies
- Lovely Names for February Babies