The name Pippa is a girl's name of English, Italian origin meaning "lover of horses". Pippa and is often added to lists like Cool Girls' Names - Rare, Unique and Unusual and discussed in our forums with posts like "ALPHABET Drop 2 Add 1 - Girls".
From the experts:
Pippa, a peppy condensation of Philippa that turns it from serious to sprightly, has come into the public eye in a big way via the former Kate Middleton's sister.
Heard far more in the U.K. than the US, Pippa has been used on its own since the nineteenth century, popularized by Robert Browning's dramatic poem, Pippa Passes. A recent book and film was titled The Private Lives of Pippa Lee.
Pippa can and is given as a name in its own right, and may also be short for names other than Philippa: Penelope, for instance, or Patricia, or the more exotic Philippine.
Lists containing Pippa:
- High-Energy Baby Names
- British Girl Names
- Exoticized Names
- Nicknames for Baby Girls
- Vintage Nicknames for Girls
- Celebrity-Inspired Baby Names
- Designer Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With P
- Baby Names with Animal Meanings
- Cool Girls' Names - Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Baby Names That Mean Love
- Unique Vintage Names for Girls
- Nickname Names
- Fantastic Names for Virgo Babies
- Valentine's Day Baby Names
- Labrador Retriever Names