The name Petal is a girl's name of Greek origin. Petal and is often added to lists like Cool Girls' Names - Rare, Unique and Unusual and discussed in our forums with posts like "Girls Makeover - Two Middles".
From the experts:
Petal is the soft and sweet-smelling name of a character in the novel and film, The Shipping News. With the rise of such flower names as Poppy and Posy, we believe Petal - down-to-earth yet exotic - has its own appealingly distinctive style.
Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver named his daughter Petal Blossom Rainbow in 2009.
Lists containing Petal:
- Gorgeous Flower Names for Babies
- Movie Character Names
- Literary Names for Girls
- Alternatives to Daisy
- Nature Names for Babies
- Crazy Celebrity Baby Names
- Vibrant Spring Baby Names
- Cool Baby Names That Start With P
- Cool Girls' Names - Rare, Unique and Unusual
- Wonderful Word Names
- Unusual Nature Names for Babies
- Cool Classic Girls’ Names — 100+ below the Top 1000
- Bohemian Baby Names
- Urban Prairie Names
- Marvelous Names for May Babies