Hebrew variation of Moses"delivered from the water"
Moshe Origin and Meaning
The name Moshe is a boy's name of Hebrew, Yiddish origin.
An older generation name still used by Conservative Jews. In the past it was translated to names like Morris, Moe and Maurice.
# 538 in the US
Moshe Rank in US Top 1000
20 Names Similar to Moshe
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Moshe.
Lists containing Moshe
Famous People Named Moshe
- Moshe Sharett2nd Prime Minister of Israel
- Moshe Katsav8th President of Israel
- Moshe Dayanformer Israeli Minister of Defense
- Moshe Ya'aloncurrent Israeli Minister of Defense
- Moshe FeinsteinLithuanian Orthodox rabbi
- Moshe SafdieIsraeli,Canadian architect
- Moshe Chaim LuzzattoItalian rabbi and kabbalist
Moshe in Pop Culture
- Moshe the Beadlea character from Elie Wiesel's book Night.
More Lists containing Moshe
- Names that Peaked in 2003
- Hebrew Names
- Yiddish Names
- Hebrew Names for Boys
- Yiddish Names for Boys
- 5 Letter Boy Names
- Boy Names Ending in E
- Names That Mean Variation
- Names that Peaked in 2018
- One Syllable Names for Boys
- Names that Peaked in 2019
Find your type.
Analyze your Baby Name DNA and find the names that match your unique style.