Monroe Origin and Meaning
The name Monroe is a boy's name of Scottish origin meaning "mouth of the Roe river".
Monroe is a presidential surname which feels fresher than Jackson, Lincoln and Taylor. Marilyn Monroe is a famous female namesake, but her smart Scottish surname feels equally usable for either sex. Plus, we think old man nickname Moe would sound both cool and adorable on a baby boy today!
20 Names Similar to Monroe
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Monroe.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Monroe
Famous People Named Monroe
- (Monroe) Jackson Rathbone VAmerican actor
- Monroe GrismanAmerican guitarist and singer of Petty Theft, son of musician David Grisman, named after bluegrass legend Bill Monroe
- Monroe Salisbury (born Orange Salisbury Cash)American actor
- Monroe GierlAmerican reality TV personality of "Endurance"
- Monroe Jackson Rathbone VI (b. 2012)son of actor Jackson Rathbone
- James Monroe Hanson (b. 2008)son of singer Isaac Hanson
- Easton Quinn Monroe Elfman (b. 2010)son of actors Bodhi and Jenna Elfman
- Gus Monroe Deveraux Sanford (b. 2014)son of actress Poppy Montgomery and Shawn Sanford
- James Monroe5th President of the United States
- Bill MonroeAmerican musician responsible for the bluegrass genre
Monroe in Pop Culture
- Monroe Stahrcharacter in F. Scott Fitzgerald's The Last Tycoon
- Monroe Fuchescharacter in "Barry"
- Monroe Ficuscharacter on TV's "Too Close for Comfort"
- Monroewerewolf character on TV's "Grimm"