Milton Origin and Meaning
The name Milton is a boy's name of English origin meaning "settlement with a mill".
Once an upper-class British surname conjuring up the epic poetry of John Milton, it then descended to the antics of "Uncle Miltie" Berle, and now has left the stage completely.
20 Names Similar to Milton
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Milton.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Milton
Famous People Named Milton
- John Milton17th Century English Poet
- Milton Andrew RomjueU.S. Congressman from Missouri
- Milton James Rhode AcornCanadian poet, writer, and playwright
- Milton AgerAmerican composer
- Milton AveryAmerican modern painter
- Milton Byron BabbittAmerican composer
- Milton BeardenAmerican Central Intelligence Agency officer, author, and film consultant
- Milton Berle (born Mendel Berlinger)American comedian, actor, and TV presenter
- Milton BlancoAmerican soccer player
- Milton BradleyAmerican toymaker
- Milton Obelle BradleyAmerican baseball player
- Milton BrownAmerican band leader and vocalist
- Milton BrownU.S. Representative from Tennessee
- Milton CampbellAmerican track and field athlete
- Milton Arthur Paul CaniffAmerican cartoonist
- Milton Hyland EricksonAmerican psychiatrist
- Milton FriedmanAmerican economist
- Milton FromeAmerican actor
- Milton GoodeAmerican Olympic high jumper
- Milton Snavely HersheyAmerican founder of Hershey Chocolate Company
- Milton R. KrasnerAmerican cinematographer
- Milton Hywell JonesEnglish comedian
- Milton NascimentoBrazilian singer,songwriter
- (Apolo) Milton Obote2nd president of Uganda
- Milton PrellAmerican hotel and casino developer
- Milton Addas "Mitt" RomneyAmerican NFL football player
- Milton VieiraBrazilian mixed martial artist
- Milton Ariel Wynants (Vasquez)Uruguayan cyclist
- Milton Cooper WorkAmerican cards authority
- Milton JohnsEnglish actor
- Milton "Mel" StewartAmerican actor & director
Milton in Pop Culture
- Milton Mametminor character on TV's "The Walking Dead"
- Milton Hackettcharacter from movie "Cry,Baby"
- Milton Waddamssocially awkward character in movie "Office Space"
- Milton Calypeercharacter in the movie Cars
- Miltonan epic poem by William Blake
- "Milton" opera by Gaspare Spontini
- "Milton" series of cartoons for Saturday Night Live and the film Office Space
- Milton Krestvillain in 007 movie "Licence to Kill"
- Miltona show jumping horse ridden by John Whitaker
- Colonel Milton Childsan original character in "OB Spec," speculation,based scripts for the upcoming season of Orphan Black
- Milton KrupnickCharacter on the Disney Show “Kickin’ It”