The name Luz is a girl's name of Spanish origin meaning "light". Luz and is often added to lists like Cool Girl Names From Around the World and discussed in our forums with posts like "Names on NB that make you go WOW!".
From the experts:
Pronounced LOOSE, this name that refers to the Virgin Mary—"Our Lady of Light"—is one of the most widely used Spanish name for girls. Its sleekness and stylish final z gives it a modern appeal, like sister name Lux. Nicknames and variations include Chitta, Lucecita, Lucelida, Lucelita, Lucha, Lucida, Lucila, Lusa, and Luzana.
Lists containing Luz:
- Cool Names for Winter Babies
- Cool Girl Names From Around the World
- Exoticized Names
- Spanish Word Names
- Inspirational Baby Names That Mean Hope
- Magical Christmas Names for Babies
- Magical December Baby Names
- Names That Mean Dawn
- Radiant Names That Mean Light