The name Lilou is a girl's name of French origin meaning "lily". Lilou and is often added to lists like Unique Baby Names: Unusual and Rare and discussed in our forums with posts like "Chance Game- BIG".
From the experts:
Lilou is a charming, rarely heard import. Occitan is a language spoken in Provence, in the south of France, in which the suffix "ou" denotes a pet form — thus, Lilou as a short form of Liliane or its Occitan form Liliana or Liliano. Its popularity in France--where it's currently Number 12--can be traced to the 1997 film The Fifth Element.
Pronounced lee-loo, this is an enchanting option.
Lists containing Lilou
Lilou in Blog Posts
- 85 Luscious L Names for Girls
- Unique Baby Names, Nameberry Style!
- Some Interesting Names Heard in France: From Lilou to Lazare
- International Baby Names: Top 100 Names from Outside the English-Speaking World
- French Baby Names: Trends and Predictions 2014
- Elijah and Ellis, Dominic and Daxel: Great E and D Names in the News
16 names similar to Lilou
These 16 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Lilou. If you didn't find an alternative name that you like better than Lilou, try our name generator. It allows you to go beyond the similarities of a name, which can provide a lot of inspiration!