Hieronymus Origin and Meaning
The name Hieronymus is a boy's name of German origin meaning "sacred name".
This cognate of Jerome (of all things), familiar via the Dutch painter of fantastical scenes, H. Bosch, would appeal only to the most audacious, intrepid, attention-seeking baby namer. It is, however, still used in Germany, especially in Catholic Bavaria and in the north German Rhineland.
20 Names Similar to Hieronymus
These 20 names were selected by our users that were looking for other names like Hieronymus.
Want to keep track of your favorite names?
Create an account and you can create lists, keep track of favorites, and even be alerted when there is new content posted about a name.
Lists containing Hieronymus
Famous People Named Hieronymus
- Hieronymus BoschDutch painter
- Hieronymus Fabriciuspioneering anatomist and surgeon
- Hieronymus CockFlemish print publisher
- Hieronymus von ColloredoPrince,Bishop of Gurk and Salzburg
Hieronymus in Pop Culture
- Hieronymus "Harry" Boschcharacter in detective novels by Michael Connelly
- Coran Hieronymus Wimbleton Smythecharacter in the Netflix animated series "Voltron: Legendary Defender"
- Another form is Hironymous